DIY Renter Friendly Kitchen Backsplash

So, I love our little apartment, and when we moved in I had grand visions of how it would all come together. It was to be the stuff of d*s sneak peaks! I also thought it would happen instantly. We've been here 8 months, and I'm just getting around to tying up some loose ends (hanging artwork in our living room on our neighbors' bedroom adjacent wall being the loosest of all -- but that's for another post).

The kitchen's already been dolled up a bit:
tibetan prayer flags, upcycled chalkboard from sara+matt (calendar) 


fortune collection, photos, keepsakes, and quote. tie-dyed cheesecloth curtains!

bomb timer! (and dust), cook books, matches stored in a vintage sifter (stolen from mom) 

hanging mugs, task lighting via christmas lights and command hooks
Cute, right?

But check out all this ick white blah-ness where a back splash should be.


It'd been driving me crazy (not to mention picking up grime/splatters). Having gathered different ideas of how to remedy this, essentially because I'm a design/diy blog junkie, there were plenty of options - but I like to work with what I have. Just so happens I had a bunch of leftover picture frames from participation in a holiday craft fair.

I chose a few of my more vibrant prints, popped them in the frames, stuck some command velcro strips on the back of each, (waited the agonizing hour for them to set before I could put the pictures up), and voila!



An interchangeable, cleanable, and colorful addition to my favorite room in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment