Hello August.

Please excuse my absence for the past few days. I had house company who stayed a bit longer that I'd anticipated and royally threw off my weekly routine. Forcing her to watch me on the computer wouldn't have been the most thrilling entertainment. Though I do believe that alone time is highly underrated.

Anyhow, while my girl Jessie was hanging out yesterday (I posted about her apartment here), I rummaged through a box of random keepsake ephemera on a whim. What I found (in addition to tons of business cards and brochures) were endless pages of written word I scribbled on waitress paper a few years back. I don't just go buy waitress-pads, I was a bartender at the time! Not only have I always found these diner pages kinda rockabilly with a sweet vintage feel - but they reminded me how important it is to continue to unload what's in my head, and to always keep positive affirmations within an eye shot.



I was happiest that these came from early August 2010. If I've had early August high spirits before, I sure as hell can have them again. It's time for some reasonable changes around here, and starting with the right attitude makes all the difference in the world... You know, law of attraction and all. Gratitude is key.

Hopefully these are just the first of many life scrap manuscripts I share in the next few weeks! Am I the only one with weird stashes of chronologically specific, yet timeless notes? Do you keep old papers? Journals? Waitress pads?
How do you keep track?
____________________________________________________

Oh, (and getting back to the title of this post) I can't believe it's August! This has always been one of my favorite months - because it means vacation. Specifically, Lake George. I'm headed up a week from Saturday,  and shall remain for a week. Not that I have much to vacation from, other than the humdrum of the previous eight months unemployment, and the redundancy of suburbia. I've been to the lake every single year of my life - for at least a week - I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through the other 51 weeks of the years without it!


What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment