Rebranding Lost in Relocation

Wow! It's been a little while since I've graced this corner of the internet with my presence. You'd think maybe I haven't been near a computer - but that's so far from the case! For the past week or two I've been busting my butt to help the ever delightful Bhrett with some rebranding. The projects included a full blog overhaul and a little freshening up for her shop. I'm still working on the stuff for etsy, but here's what I pulled together for her blog:



Bhrett asked for earth tones, a warm atmosphere, with a single sidebar, and for it to "feel like a dusty well lived in house kind of blog." Could I have asked for a better project to work on? She's a kindred hippie spirit & her art generally involves textiles - so I'd have been remiss not to draw from the colorful, warm & patterned kilim rug. I love how it came together.

And on that note:
via
It's amazing, I know at this point in hindsight that I should have gone to art school - but I'm shocked I hadn't been heavier into graphic design before now. I honestly could sit at the computer all day long just messing with images, trying different things, downloading fonts. Maybe it was because I didn't have photoshop, or because I went to school for something else (PR) - who knows why. I'm just honored that someone reached out and acknowledged my deep down desires, and without even realizing it, set me on course to something great. So thank you Ms. Bhrett :)

I have a couple of post ideas in the pipeline, and very well might get another one out before the end of the day.
I'm thinking Things I Dig: Sexy Guys with Beards. Whattya think? Anyone else suffer from the same affliction?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Bohemian Kate :) I'm glad to have discovered your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kate :) i was so glad to have found yours the other day. your post on the creative life really struck a chord!

      Delete
  2. Your design looks awesome!! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete