I knew Halloween was going to come and go without much fanfare this year. Most parties took place on Saturday while I was at a fabulous wedding, so I put no thought into a costume. Hurricane Sandy came and all hell broke loose in New York. When she passed, we were left thankfullyluckilyblessedly unscathed but somewhat apartment bound for a few days. Late Wednesday night I coaxed E into some pictures with me. It's amazing what difference some concealer and dark eye shadow can make. I lit a few candles for the mood & our post-Sandy-low-key-Halloween-kitty-eating-zombie photoshoot ensued.
It's been very weird around here since the storm. I've been personally unaffected, and the same goes for my parents a few miles away. E's been home from work all week because the power's out at his office in the city. I'm not sure how we got off so lucky. So many others have been so horrifically devastated. I'm glad to have a bunch of clothes to donate (it's been a purging week or two around here). I can't stop watching the news or checking updates to see what's going on. However, if I read another facebook status from someone complaining about their lack of electricity or gas I might just scream. Be thankful for a roof, assholes.
In other news: I'm still working hard on the rebrand project.. chug chug chugging along...

Glad to hear that you guys got out okay! Love the photo shoot and can't wait to see the results of what you're working on!
ReplyDeletethanks bhrett :) how did you manage down there? all good?
Deleteand my apologies for my lack of response about designing -
i'd love to help out! just as soon as i get my own shit in order
xo
Haha great pictures. And good luck with the storm chaos around..
ReplyDeletex
Marielle