Early Spring Randomness

It's been stunningly gorgeous (77 degrees right now!) in New York the past few weeks. As someone who lives for snowstorms and ski days, my heart's been broken over the fact that we basically skipped over winter this year. However, I can't deny the awesomeness of the early blooms we've got going on:


An intense dart hangover yesterday drained me of any energy I'd had to write a "Wanderlusty Wednesday" post. My 26 year old body doesn't deal with the after affects of 6 beers and 3 shots as effortlessly as it used to - but it made for hysterical anecdotes from Ej when he got home from work last night (I wish I'd gotten some video of him showing me my "I've got to pee so bad but don't want to get up and walk to the bathroom" writhing. I'm a moron.)

As I didn't, and that's not something wanderlusty or that I truly dig, I think this timelapse video should suffice:
I had such a good time making this after enjoying a couple hours on "my" rock on the Long Island Sound. I've frequented Manor Park for over a decade. I stop by to enjoy the sun, think, write, listen to music, hang with friends, (or avoid class when I was living home during college and mom would wake me up and send me on my way in the morning). After a few minutes, I'm completely at peace. While I'm no longer a bit relgious, if I were to have an altar, this rock would be it.

Oh! Also, my new belt came from Gypsy Warrior today. When I saw it in Laura's post the other day, I melted. It's so perfectly bohemian. I can't wait to wear it.
(via: violetbellasworld)

What are you digging these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment